SHL Rules & Info
Disclaimer: SHL has no affiliation with the NHL or NHLPA, All names and logos are property of the NHL.
- there will be an Admin assigned to each division,
- there will be an Admin and two assistants assigned to discord
- there will be an owner representative for each division elected by the owners of each division
- there will be two Admins assigned to game rosters
2) Team ownership:
- All team owners will be interviewed and vetted by league owners
- Team owners will conduct themselves with respect for the league, other owners and players at all times.
- Team logos are free for interpretation but jerseys will adhere to NHL team official jerseys NO EXCEPTIONS
- As a team owner you will be expected to know and follow all rules at all times
- Team owners are ambassadors for the league and will behave appropriately
- All owners will choose one GM to help with running their team
- Team owners will keep a 15 man roster at all times
3) Team draft and ownership responsibilities:
- Team draft will be on Jan. 7th 2018 @ 9pm EST
- All teams will be assigned through a draft
- Draft order will be randomly drawn
- Player draft will be 10 rounds
- There is no cost to owners for a team, owners will report any instances where anyone asks for money via pay-pal or psn cards to league ownership immediately
- Team management is responsible for stat implementation which must be done win or lose by 12:00 am PST every night
- in the event that your team shows but your opponent doesn’t give your goalie 1 goal and submit your stats and submit your screenshot of your team ready in challenge club to the league
- Owners will be responsible for conduct and behavior of their roster players. And any issues must be reported to the league by team management
- Rosters will be submitted to league three hours prior to game time, failure to do so will result in a two minute penalty at the beginning of the game.
- teams will carry a full roster of 15 active roster players and five active TCs
- ECU’s will be reported to both the league and opponent
4) Roster draft, rosters and salary cap:
- Roster draft will be over two days (5 rnd/day) on Jan. 15th 2018 @ 9 pm EST and Jan. 16th 2018 @ 9pm EST
- each team will have an owner, GM and 13 roster players
- each roster player will play a minimum of two games a week and a maximum of 5 games
- owners and management will play a minimum of one game and a maximum of 5 games per week
- there is no limit on games per week for goalies
- salary cap of $34 million will be structured by the draft as following:
- rnd. 1) 5.0 million
- rnd. 2) 4.5 million
- rnd. 3) 4.0 million
- rnd. 4) 3.5 million
- rnd. 5) 3.0 million
- rnd. 6) 2.5 million
- rnd. 7) 2.0 million
- rnd. 8) 1.5 million
- rnd. 9) 1.0 million
- rnd.10) 0.5 million
- after the draft there will be a 48 hour bidding period that will start after the final pick in the entry draft and end on Jan 19th 2018 @ 12 am EST for each team at which time they will bid on 3 more players from the draft list. All bids will go in 250k increments with the last bid winning
- All remaining players will be randomly assigned to a training camp squad for each team
- Players picked up in the bidding period will count against the team salary cap whether they are on the roster or sent down to the training camp squad. (be mindful of what you bid on players they count against your salary cap until at such time as you trade them)
- TC squad players are eligible to play a maximum of 2 games per week
- All permanent roster moves will be approved between 12am every Monday and 12am Wednesday. Absolutely no exceptions or extensions
- Trades (all trades must be approved by league ownership)
- all trades agreed to by two owners will be considered a contract and there will be no backing out of agreed trades
- in the event that there are two agreed trades for the same player, the earliest trade will be accepted and there will be disciplinary action taken with the owner double trading one of his players
- team owners are the only management allowed to make trade
- GM’s can be given authority to make trades in the event there is a family emergency.
- There will only be one move per player per week
- Teams will keep a 15 man roster at all times
- Once the season starts all new sign ups will go into the free agent pool and will be open for bidding from 12am every Sunday to 12am every Wednesday with the highest bid awarded the free agent as long as the bid keeps your team under cap.
- Send downs can happen during the trade period and all send downs wil go through a 24 hour waiver period in which they can be claimed by another team
- Call ups can happen during the trade period every week and will be approved if it doesn’t put your roster over cap
- Waiver releases can happen during the trade period only and will go to the first team that claims them
- Waiver pick ups can happen during the trade period, first team to claim a waived player gets that player
i) Any roster player can request a trade at any point before the trade deadline but it is completely at the team owners’ discretion. Any player demanding a trade and refusing to play will be banned for the remainder of the season.
ii) The trade deadline will be March 14th @ 9pm EST and all rosters will be locked for the remainder of the season and playoffs.
5) Player rights and responsibilities:
- Players have a right to play in a stress free fun environment
- Any abuse by league owners, Admins, management and other player will not be tolerated in any way shape or form.
- There will be no use of racist, sexist, bigoted or threatening language. This is a zero tolerance policy an will result in:
- 24 hour mute first offense
- 7 day mute second offense
- permanent ban third offense
- Players will give weekly availability to their team management by no later than Tuesday 9 pm EST weekly.
- Owners will give weekly schedules by no later than Wednesday 9 pm EST weekly
- Players will show up for any scheduled games they sign up for, life happens, if something comes up and you can’t make a scheduled game be sure to message your team management and your division Admin at least one hour prior to game time.
6) Schedules and game times:
- games will run Thursday through Saturday weekly:
Thursday 8:30pm and 9:30pm
Friday 8:30pm and 9:30pm
Saturday 8:30pm, 9:30pm and 10:30pm
- games will have a 15 minute grace period in which to start games.
- No games will start after 7:45pm, 8:45pm and 9:45pm
- Failure to have your line up in the challenge club lobby ready to play by 15 minutes after game start time will result in a forfeit.
- Absolutely no exceptions
- There will be no rescheduling of games
- In the event of a forfeit take pictures of your team in the lobby ready to play and submit at either 8:45pm or 9:45pm to the Admin in charge of line ups and rosters
- Failure to submit forfeit pictures will result in a forfeit for your team as well
- Both teams will enter stats win or lose
7) Lag outs, game interruptions and streaming:
- Every game will be broadcast by the home team on either Twitch or Youtube. This is important as we all know that NHL 18 is for the most part a broken game. If a goal is taken away or not awarded due to a game glitch we need proof that the goal is scored to award it to the team that earned it. EA Sports is not going to determine the outcome of SHL games, the players will.
- If a player gets disconnected during game play the following applies:
First period: play out the period take all screen shots restart and player that disconnected will take a two minute penalty within thirty seconds of the start of the period. Failure to do so will result in an additional two minute penalty.
Second period: play out the period take all screen shots restart and player that disconnected will take a two minute penalty within thirty seconds of the start of the period. Failure to do so will result in an additional two minute penalty.
Third period: play out the remainder of the game with A.I. set on default settings and take all appropriate screenshots. Any team caught on stream changing the settings for the A.I. will be given a forfeit for that game
- A.I. Points: no points will be awarded on any goals that A.I. are in on. The goal will count but no assist or goal points will be given to stats.
- the goal will be credited to the goalie in this situation
- rage quiting can result in a 2 week ban first offense and a season ban second offense.
- quiting to change game momentum will result in an immediate season ban.
If a goalie lags out all screen-shots will be taken by both teams including the lost connection screen. This is most important for the goalie that has lagged out. If the goalie that lags out does not get the screen-shot of the error screen or lost connection it will be scored as a rage quit and dealt with accordingly. After all screen-shots are taken quit the game, Go back to challenge club and restart the game and let clock run down to time of lag out.
8) Playoff format
- The top 3 teams in each division will be seeded by rank.
- There will be 2 wild-card spots per conference.
- Teams that make the playoffs will be seeded 1 through 8 per conference
- 1st vs. 8th
- 2nd vs. 7th
- 3rd vs. 6th
- 4th vs. 5th
Copyright © 2017, syndicatehockeyleague.com. All rights reserved. All trademarks, trade names, or logos exhibited on this website are the property of their respective owners and are not the property of syndicatehockeyleague.com